If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident that was not your fault, you may be able to claim compensation for economic loss, pain and suffering. Motor vehicle accidents claims can be pursued for injury from a car, bus, truck or forklift, or even if you were a pedestrian or cyclist who has been struck with a motor vehicle. When an accident has caused you whiplash, major physical injuries, or psychological damage, you deserve compensation.

What’s My Claim Worth partners with law firms throughout New South Wales who specialise in motor vehicle accidents and can investigate your entitlements for compensation claims, including medical expenses, loss of income as a result of not being able to work, as well as pain and suffering compensation. We have a proven track record for helping Australians receive motor vehicle accident compensation – no win, no fee.

We can help you seek Motor Vehicle Accident compensation for:

  • Medical compensation
  • Loss of income compensation
  • Pain and suffering compensation

Motor vehicle accident claims allow you to seek the compensation you deserve in the event you have been injured by a motor vehicle, or while in a motor vehicle, as a result of someone else’s negligence.

Unfortunately, motor vehicle accident claims can be extremely frustrating to pursue. Insurance companies are not always responsive and helpful, and there can be a mass of administrative and legal hurdles, making it difficult for many people to know what to do to make their claim. This is where we can help.

What’s My Claim Worth has experts on hand who specialise in motor vehicle accident compensation cases. Our network of lawyers can assist you in making the right claims, while guiding you and consulting you through every stage of the process, to get you the compensation you deserve for your motor vehicle accident injury.

What should you do if you are involved in a motor accident?

Report the accident to the police

If you have been involved in a motor accident, you should look to report it to the police as soon as possible. Whether you were the driver of the vehicle, a passenger or a pedestrian who was involved in the accident, it is important to report it within 28 days of it occurring. If you do not report the accident within 28 days, you may be required to justify the delay when making a claim.

When you alert the police about the accident, ensure that you receive an event number that you can add to your records. If a car or other vehicle was damaged during the accident, look to take photographs that you may use to support your claim. It’s also a good idea to ask anyone else involved in the accident, including the person who you think may have been responsible for the accident, for their name and contact details.

Seek medical attention

Even if you do feel physically fine after being involved in a motor accident, it is important that you seek medical attention early. Not only is this key for your personal wellbeing, but your injuries will also need to be assessed in order for you to make a claim. You should request a medical certificate from your GP that outlines your current fitness for work. If you require medication and further medical treatment, be sure to keep any receipts as proof for your claim.

How long does a motor accident claim take?

As the circumstances surrounding each motor accident claim are different, it can be hard to know exactly how long it will take for your claim to be resolved. In many cases, the severity of your injuries and the length of time required for them to adequately stabilise will be among the greatest influences. Most cases will typically be resolved within 18 months, but a complex case could take longer.

How much compensation can you claim?

The amount of compensation that you may be entitled to will vary depending on the extent of your injuries, the amount of care you require now and into the future, your age, any loss of earnings you may experience and a variety of other factors. Your injuries will need to be assessed to determine how they may impact your life moving forward, with this information helping to determine the potential size of your claim.

Discuss your motor vehicle accident claim with our team

If you believe that you have grounds to make a motor vehicle accident claim, get in touch with our claim advisors to discuss your case. Using the information you supply, including details around the accident, the extent of your injuries and how your injuries have impacted your day-to-day life, we can develop a claim value estimate, from worst-case to best-case, so you understand what you could be entitled to.

Using the same supplied information, our team of claims advisors will also suggest if there are other claims you may be entitled to make.

No win, no fee

Once you’ve reached out to our claim advisors, you will have the option to be passed to our network of legal professionals specialising in motor vehicle accidents. This network is hand-selected by us, and every lawyer is guaranteed to take on your case as a no win-no fee engagement (excluding defendant costs if the claim is litigated).

Frequently asked questions

What type of injuries commonly occur in motor vehicle accidents?
Although a wide scope of injuries may occur as a result of a motor vehicle accident, some of the most common injuries experienced include:

  • Spinal injuries
  • Whiplash
  • Neck injuries
  • Back injuries
  • Broken bones
  • Head injuries
  • Mild to serious head injuries

Is it possible to represent yourself when making a motor vehicle accident claim?
If you would like to, you can represent yourself when making a motor vehicle accident claim. It is important to remember, however, that to be successful you will need to have some understanding of the laws surrounding motor vehicle accidents, your legal rights and what your entitlements are. If managing a claim on your own is too difficult, our network of compensation lawyers can assist you, helping to discover what entitlements you may be eligible for and guiding you through the claims process.