All food vendors in New South Wales have a duty of care to serve both fresh and safe-to-eat food. The NSW Department of Primary Industries states that food poisoning can result in many different circumstances, including:
- serving food past its ‘use-by’ date,
- not storing food in the correct environment,
- not cooking food to the correct environment
- or cross contaminating food or associated equipment,
- and displaying poor hygiene standards.
What laws and legislation are there in New South Wales for claims against restaurants?
Most food poisoning cases pass within a few days. However, some are far more serious and can lead to a medical illness that could take months to recover from. This might cause you to miss work, have huge medical bills or have a lower standard of living. The law for these cases is governed by the NSW Civil Liability Act 2002.
How do I start my Restaurant Public Liability Case in New South Wales?
To make a successful public liability claim against a restaurant in New South Wales, you need to be able to prove, with evidence, that the accident was not your fault. Your lawyer needs to be able to prove that the restaurant owed you a duty of care and that they breached that duty of care which resulted in your injury or loss. To help this happen, you should try and do the following:
- Let a member of staff at the restaurant know that you were sick.
- Take pictures of everything, including of the injury, and the establishment that caused injury
- Take note of witnesses, and try to get their contact details if possible, so that they can support your claim.
- Access surveillance footage.
- Save all medical evidence, bills, receipts, doctor’s records and anything else with reference to your restaurant-related injury in New South Wales.
What is the claims process?
What’s My Claim Worth can help you start the process to get the result you need in your public liability claim against restaurants in New South Wales. Starting this legal process can result in monetary compensation for you.
It should be noted that this is not a necessarily easy process. If you have had an injury due to public negligence at a restaurant, then it is worth seeing if you can make a claim. Start the process today and speak to What’s My Claim Worth, to see whether your restaurant public liability case can progress.
Why should I choose What’s My Claim Worth?
What’s My Claim Worth’s claim compensation calculator can help you to understand the value of your claim, as well as your eligibility to claim. Once confirmed, we can then put you in touch with the best legal professionals to handle your public liability claim — No Win, No Fee (excluding defendant costs if the claim is litigated).