When you rent a Rental Property there is a duty of care to take reasonable care to protect tenants from foreseeable risks of harm. If you come into harm in a Rental Property and it isn’t your fault, you might be able to make a claim. This is because there are public liability laws in place that are designed to protect you in these circumstances. If the accident was the fault of the homeowner or your landlord, then they could be liable should you find yourself in harm at your Rental Property in New South Wales.

What laws and legislation are there in New South Wales for Rental Property Claims?

A claim could be brought forward against a Rental Property in New South Wales for various reasons. These include defective Rental Property utilities or building interior, or any injury caused by poorly maintained utilities. There needs to be an obvious risk prior to the incident happening – so that it can be proven that the landlord is in breach of public liability. The law for these cases is governed by the NSW Civil Liability Act 2002.

How do I start my Rental Property Liability Case in New South Wales?

To make a successful public liability claim against your Rental Property in New South Wales, you need to be able to prove, with evidence, that the accident was not your fault. Your lawyer needs to be able to prove that the owner or landlord owed you a duty of care and that they breached that duty of care which resulted in your injury or loss. To help this happen, you should try and do the following: 

  • Let a member of staff at the Rental Property know that you were injured. 
  • Take pictures of everything, including of the injury, the establishment, and the Rental Property object that caused injury
  • Take note of witnesses, and try to get their contact details if possible, so that they can support your claim. 
  • Access surveillance footage.
  • Save all medical evidence, bills, receipts, doctor’s records and anything else with reference to your Rental Property-related injury in New South Wales.

What is the claims process?

What’s My Claim Worth can help you start the process to get the result you need in your public liability claim against Rental Property in New South Wales. Starting this legal process can result in monetary compensation for you. 

It should be noted that this is not a necessarily easy process. If you have had an injury due to public negligence at your Rental Property, then it is worth seeing if you can make a claim. Start the process today and speak to What’s My Claim Worth, to see whether your Rental Property public liability case can progress. 

Why should I choose What’s My Claim Worth?

What’s My Claim Worth’s claim compensation calculator can help you to understand the value of your claim, as well as your eligibility to claim. Once confirmed, we can then put you in touch with the best legal professionals to handle your public liability claim — No Win, No Fee (excluding defendant costs if the claim is litigated).