Were you injured whilst driving? The laws surrounding Road Safety Conduct and Motor Accidents ensure that you will be protected if the worst should happen whilst behind the wheel. What’s My Claim Worth partners with specialist law firms throughout New South Wales who can support you and help you make a claim.

What are the laws regarding your driving accident?

Whilst driving in New South Wales you are protected by the Australian Road Rules, the Motor Accident Compensation Act 1999 and the Motor Insurance Act 2017. As well as the Road Transport Acts and Regulations- which applies specifically to incidents involving a heavy vehicle or bus, for example. 

If you are injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident you are eligible to make a claim for personal injury compensation under the Compulsory Third Party Scheme which is mandatory for all registered vehicles in New South Wales. 

If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident ensure that you obtain the vehicle registration number, and inform the police. You are obligated by law to not abandon an incident site- and also remain with anyone who is injured. You can also use the registration number to gain access to the CTP insurer, which can help with your claim. This is on a case by case basis: get in contact with us at What’s My Claim Worth for more detailed advice.

What do I do about my Car Accident?

If you are involved in a crash, you must stop immediately. If you are involved in a crash you must stop immediately and give as much help as possible to anyone else involved in the crash. If anyone is injured or killed, you should call the Police and Ambulance – dial 000.

If the police do not attend your accident, you are still obligated to report it and once it has been reported, ensure to use the ‘event number’ of the accident from the police within your claim. Retain a Certificate of Capacity, which will detail your diagnosis. Then you must request a compensation Claim form.

If you wish to pursue a CTP claim, you will need to lodge a Personal Injury Claim Form. Make sure that the incident has been reported to the police within 28 days, and record down the CTP details of the other car or cars involved. 

Retain a Certificate of Capacity, which will detail your diagnosis. The insurer will let you know within 10 days of receiving the form whether they will pay for your early treatment expenses or lost earnings- should you require that. An agreement to pay, however; is not an admission of liability or an agreement to pay other expenses. To learn more about making a claim for your journey, get in contact with What’s My Claim Worth.

What is the claims process?

What’s My Claim Worth can help you start the process to get the result you need in your claim during an accident. Starting this legal process can result in monetary compensation for you. 

It should be noted that this is not a necessarily easy process. Without knowing the particular facts of your situation it can be very hard to establish your rights in bringing forward a claim for compensation. Start the process today and speak to What’s My Claim Worth, to see whether your Car Accident Injury case can progress.

Why should I choose What’s My Claim Worth?

What’s My Claim Worth’s claim compensation calculator can help you to understand the value of your claim, as well as your eligibility to claim. Once confirmed, we can then put you in touch with the best legal professionals to handle your Car Accident case claim — No Win, No Fee (excluding defendant costs if the claim is litigated).